Wednesday, August 25, 2010

From the Spiral (Part 2): My Boyfriends

(From the Spiral- My Wednesday rant of randomness, from my scattered brain to yours!)

     I am a girl of many crushes. So, staight from my brain and my heart, I present a compilation of my favorite men.
1. Thomas Mars
(Photo via Dear Jane)
     After those two photos, what more do you need? He's the Parisian boyfriend of Sofia Coppola, the father of her children, AND frontman of the band Phoenix. He also rocks blue oxford shirts like nobody's business.
     I just want to go to a Phoenix concert so I can scream his name and grab my bestfriend's hand and say, "He's sooo cute!" over and over again. It's that kind of love.

2. Jason Schwartzman
(Photo via Band of Outsiders)
     I probably fell in love with Jason when I saw him in The Darjeeling Limited. Subsequently, Marie Antoinette, Shopgirl (I would've chosen him too!), and Fantastic Mr. Fox deepened my love. He's married to Brady Cunningham, who styled him in this month's NYLON Guys, and is a fashion designer. Swoonworthy, right (Both Brady and he.)?
     I just want to see him so the world can stop what it's doing and I'll feel it spinnning while I take a peek at him over my mug of hot cocoa at a cafe in LA and then haunt the place in hopes of seeing him again. It's that kind of love.
     Also, he makes music as Coconut Records. Christmas came early and brought you this gift. Enjoy.




 

3. Wes Anderson
     He dresses well and makes beautiful films = I like him. (Spike Jonze does too, but I wouldn't be allowed in his filmmaking club. Their tree house smells like piss anyways.)
     I just like to watch his films, discuss his use of color, and look at pictures of him wearing velvet bowties while imagining I get to tie them and style his wardrobe. It's that kind of love. 
Honorable Mention/Real Life Crush Type: Justin Long

     Baby Justin. Whatta babe. I dig his haircut.
     I just wanna be his best friend and run my hands through his hair and ask him (innapropriate) questions.

     Note: I'll fix this prolonged mind-numbing moment of man-worship later. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment